Registration is open to all professionals working in the radiation protection field who can demonstrate the attainment of competence to the necessary standard.
The Radiation Protection Council has identified the following five generic areas that will provide demonstration of competence for all registrants. These are:
- Application of general and specialist knowledge
- Analysis and solution of radiation protection challenges
- Personal Responsibility
- Interpersonal Skills
- Professional Practice
Competence is deemed to be met if the applicant can demonstrate the correct level of knowledge, understanding, skill and professional attitude via a combination of formal and informal learning, training and experience.
RPC has set standards for the following three professional titles (the full document can be downloaded here):
- Chartered Radiation Protection Professional (CRadP)
- Incorporated Radiation Protection Professional (IRadP)
- Technical Radiation Protection Professional (TechRadP)
If you hold one of these titles you are demonstrating to employers and the wider community a continuing high and recognised level of professional attainment.